NQF Level 6 | NLRD ID: 94222
Who will benefit from the programme?
The programme would be suitable for:
- An employed person who wants to enhance his knowledge of specialist short-term insurance products and who has completed a relevant NQF level 5 qualification
- A person employed in a managerial position in the short-insurance industry
- A person in the insurance industry operating in the underwriting and claims department of an Insurer.
- Persons wanting to apply for the designation of Associate (AIISA) to be awarded.
- Knowledge Modules: 28 Credits
- Practical Modules: 28 Credits
- Work Experience Module: 69 Credits
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
The minimum entrance requirements for the Occupational Certificate: Organizational Risk Practitioner programme is a Higher Certificate in Short Term Insurance at NQF Level 5 or a National Certificate in Short Term Insurance NQF Level 5 (120 credits).
In addition to the above, the general rules will apply with regard to admission requirements based on work experience, age and maturity, and admission via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
learners will be assessed by means of a Formative Assessment, a Summative Assessment and finally by an EISA (external integrated summative assessment). The EISA will be conducted by an external exam centre approved/ accredited by the QCTO.
The Occupational Risk Management in Short-term Insurance programme is aimed at insurance staff working across all sectors of the industry and is a logical progression from the National Certificate or Higher Certificate in Short-term Insurance. The program provides an in-depth understanding of insurance practices in terms of technical subject matter and application skills.
This qualification will also allow students to apply for professional membership to the Insurance Institute of South Africa (IISA) for the designation of Associate of the Insurance Institute of South Africa. Application forms for membership to the IISA are available on their website at www.iisa.co.za.
- Assess potential legal liability for a situation and recommend a suitable insurance product to address the need.
- Apply knowledge of legislation, compliance and ethics in a short-term insurance context in South Africa.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the identification and management of risk within the context of short-term insurance.
- Demonstrate insight into the business environment as it impacts on short-term insurance.
- Demonstrate insight into the purpose and structure of short-term insurance products as well as the underwriting and claims processes involved.