NQF Level 5 | NLRD ID: 59201
Who will benefit from the programme?
This Level 5 qualification is intended for junior managers aspiring to middle management positions or existing middle management candidates.
The Curriculum is aligned to the National Certificate: Generic Management NQF Level 5 with a total credit value of 162 credits. The programme consists of Fundamentals (49 credits), Core (78 credits) and Electives (35 credits). This may vary based on the individual or company’s needs.
The programme is presented via lectures, group discussions, case studies and role-plays at NQF Level 5.
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
- Competent in Communication at NQF Level 4
- Competent in Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
Articulation: Articulation can be into any NQF level 6 programme that will recognise or offer RPL for this articulation stream.
To complete the programme successfully, and be awarded a certificate, individuals must be found competent in all aspects of the assessments according to requirements listed by Services SETA.
Assessment is both formative and summative and includes:
- Individual, group exercises and tasks
- Portfolio of evidence of workplace application
The skills, knowledge and understanding demonstrated within this qualification are essential for the creation of a talent pool of demographically-representative, experienced and effective middle managers. This qualification will benefit those currently employed or unemployed in middle management who lack the knowledge and skills, or anyone being considered for employment or promotion to middle management within the Financial Services Sector.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans to improve the effectiveness of the unit
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions within the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness
- Build relationships with superiors and stakeholders across the value chain including clients
- Apply the principles of finance, knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks
- Lead and manage project teams
- Enhance the development of teams and team members in a business environment