Stressing about our Online Exams? Here’s everything you need to know.
You’ve booked the date in your calendar and your study timetable is looking good! As exam day inches closer, you may be stressing about writing online. To help, we’ve put together a list of things you need to remember – and things you shouldn’t be doing – to make sure your GIFS online exam experience is a breeze.
After all the hard work you’re putting in, the last thing you need is to trip up at the finishing line. As you prep for the exams, please keep in mind the behaviour and conduct that could land you in hot water.
Behaviour to avoid during your exam:
- Listening to music
- Leaving the room (Unless very urgent)
- Sitting with a window behind you
- Moving your laptop (unless required due to internet signal, lighting etc.)
Behaviour that could result in non-compliance:
- If you are seen or heard speaking to other individuals while writing your exam.
- If there are other individuals nearby.
- If you do not perform the room scan.
- If we are unable to verify your identity:
- If the image taken of yourself is not clear.
- If the image on your ID document does not match your visual
- If you lose connection, you must redo the Proctor activity. If you continue with the exam without being proctored, you will be deemed non-compliant.
- If clear plagiarism is detected on screen. These include:
- Researching topics using Google or any other search engine
- Opening of any and all learning material on screen
- Using your cell phone
As long as you stick to these rules, and have been diligent with your studies, you’re sure to nail the exams like a pro!
14 September 2021