NQF Level 4 | NLRD ID: 49649
Who will benefit from the programme?
This programme benefits individuals from the Long-Term Insurance sub sector who work or want to work in the areas of Life Benefits, Retirement Funds, Medical Aid Schemes, Wealth Creation and Wealth Management. The course provides a framework for learners to develop competencies that will give them insight into the Long-Term Insurance sub sector.
The curriculum is aligned to the Further Education & Training Certificate in Long-Term Insurance 49649. The programme is 140 credits consisting of Fundamentals (68 credits), Core (52 credits) and Electives (20 credits). This may vary depending on individual or company requirements.
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
- Competent in Communication at NQF Level 3
- Competent in Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
Articulation: Vertical articulation to National Certificate in Long-Term Insurance or Wealth Management at NQF Level 5.
To complete the programme successfully, and be awarded a certificate, learners must be found competent in all aspects of the summative assessment according to requirements listed in the relevant student handbook.
Assessment is both formative and summative and includes:
- Individual and group exercises and tasks
- Closed book assessments
This qualification is relevant for individuals who work with Retirement Funds and Medical Schemes, intermediaries including (but not limited to) Financial Advisors, Personal Financial Planners, Financial Services Call Centre Agents, Client Service Providers, Brokers, Broker Consultants, Retirement Fund Consultants, Retirement Fund Administrators, Trust Fund Officers, Product Developers, Consultants who advise on product structure of Retirement Funds, Principal Officers, Trustees, Medical Scheme Consultants, Senior Administrators, Retail Managers who support Advisors and serve a back-office function, Collective Investment Scheme Managers, Account Executives and Compliance Officers.
- Demonstrate competencies in carrying out basic research, information-gathering and analysis
- Obtain knowledge of Long-Term personal and/or commercial lines products
- Understand the key terms, rules, concepts and principles of the Long-Term sub-sector, in general and their chosen career path, in particular
- To be able to manage aspects of personal finances
- Interpret current affairs and their influence on Long-Term Insurance