NQF Level 5 | NLRD ID: 59201
Who will benefit from the programme?
This level 5 qualification is intended for junior managers aspiring to middle management or existing middle management candidates.
The Curriculum is aligned to the National Certificate: Generic Management NQF Level 5 with a total credit value of 162 credits. The programme consists of Fundamentals — 49 credits, core — 78 credits and electives — 35 credits which may vary based on the individual or company’s needs.
The programme is presented by way of lectures, group discussions, case studies and role plays at NQF Level 5.
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
- Competent in Communication at NQF Level 4
- Competent in Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
Articulation: Articulation can be into any NQF level 6 programme that will recognize/ offer RPL for this articulation stream
To complete the programme successfully, and be awarded a certificate, learners must be found competent in all aspects of the assessments according to requirements listed by Services SETA.
Assessment of Participants
Assessment is both formative and summative and includes:
- Individual, group exercises and tasks
- Portfolio of evidence of workplace application
The skills, knowledge and understanding demonstrated within this qualification are essential for the creation of a talent pool of experienced and effective middle managers that represents the demographics of the South African society. The target group therefore is anyone already employed or unemployed, in middle management but lacking the knowledge and skills, or anyone being considered for employment or promotion to middle management within the financial services sector.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Build relationships with superiors and stakeholders across the value chain including clients.
- Apply the principles of finance, knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks.
- Lead and manage project teams.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members in a business environment.