NQF Level 4 | NLRD ID: 57712
Who will benefit from the programme?
The FETC: Generic Management Level 4 Qualification is intended for junior managers or aspiring managers of business units in small, medium and large organisations. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads
The Curriculum is aligned to the Further Education & Training Certificate: Generic Management NQF Level 4 with a total credit value of 152 credits. The
programme consists of Fundamentals — 56 credits, core — 72 credits and electives — 24.
The programme is presented by way of lectures, group discussions, case studies and role plays at NQF Level 4.
The minimum entry requirements for admission are:
- Competent in Communication at NQF Level 3
- Competent in Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Competent in Computer Literacy Level 3
To complete the programme successfully, and be awarded a certificate, learners must be found competent in all aspects of the assessments according to Services SETA requirements.
Assessment of Participants
Assessment is both formative and summative and includes:
- Individual, group exercises and tasks
- Portfolio of evidence of workplace application
The programme is designed for junior managers, which includes (but is not limited to) team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads in these organisations or communities, or for preparing persons aspiring to junior management positions to develop the required competencies. Also for unemployed persons wishing to enter into the Financial Services Industry.
- Planning: Develop plans to achieve defined objectives.
- Organising: Organise resources in accordance with a developed plan to increase business performance.
- Leading: Lead a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives of the business.
- Controlling: Monitor performance to ensure compliance to business requirements.
- Ethics: Make decisions based on a code of ethics.
- Manage Staff in a professional manner.
- Ensure customer service levels are maintained or exceeded